Monday, April 30, 2018

School Visits...Public Library Visits...Author Visits

I have been incredibly lucky to have gone to graduate school with some awesome teacher-librarians and met even more role models through professional associations like the Western PA School Libraries Association, a division of the PA School Library Association & ALA.  They work tirelessly to create programs that incorporate information literacy through the use of technology and STEAM.  I have visited Mr. Lebanon, Hampton, Quaker Valley and even Frank Elementary in Houston, TX.

In addition to school visits, I also witnessed Sensory Storytime at the Mentor and Akron Public Libraries in Ohio, along with the Squirrel Hill Library right here in town.  I went to lectures by Mo Willems along with Zacariah Ohora, to name a few.  Each visit was special in its own right, and I felt such excitement to learn from professionals whose only goal is providing a quality education for children.

No comments:

Post a Comment