Tuesday, January 30, 2018

INSPIRATION DAY AT THE CARLE

             
My final day at the Eric Carle Museum was beyond inspiring.  The museum welcomed 9 authors/illustrators, talking about what inspired them to become artists.  There were two different panel sessions throughout the day, with time for Q&A, along with book signings.  I was able to see each artists and talk about my love of their work, along with my librarian request!!!!  I feel there is such a lack of beginning picture books in children's literature, and I was sending my plea for their consideration of future work.  

These are my rock stars.....my football players....my singers/actors.  These people contribute to the education and entertainment of our children that has a profound and lasting effect on their childhood.  They make a different in our world.  Most of the authors/illustrators asked me many questions about my work at school, children today and my thoughts on children's literature and their work.  It was a magical day that I will truly never forget!

No comments:

Post a Comment