Tuesday, January 30, 2018

More on the Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art!

      

The first day at the museum, I took 2 classes; "The Whole Book Approach" and  "Visual Thinking Strategies".  These classes were very hands on and we were able to walk through the museum viewing original artwork from some of my favorite authors & illustrators....it was beyond captivating!  One of the exhibits featured Caldecott winning authors/illustrators work, along with captions discussing the inspiration for their artwork.  It was shocking to see the comparisons/contrasts between these artists.  I took so many pictures and was in awe of the gift these men and women have with their artistic abilities.  

Another separate exhibit was from David Wiesner.  He is one of my favorite illustrators who "writes" many wordless picture books.  My students love when I "read" these stories to them and discuss the Caldecott Award.  

No comments:

Post a Comment