Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Who Knew Dr. Seuss Had A Museum?

            

I had a day in between my classes at the Carle and the "Day of Inspiration".  I was looking for something to do and boy did I hit the jackpot!  Dr. Seuss was actually a Springfield, MA, native.   To that end, Springfield opened the very first Dr. Seuss Museum in the world, only a few months prior to my visit in October.  The museum featured original artwork from Dr. Seuss, along with displays in the "Seuss" style.  You could tell from his letters on display, that the man had an incredible sense of humor, along with imagination.  If you are thinking of visiting, my only caution is that this museum, while packed with tons of artwork and information, is incredibly small.  For that reason, only timed tickets are available because of the lack of space in the museum.

No comments:

Post a Comment