Tuesday, February 27, 2018

ALA Sensory Storytime Expert

    

As I stated earlier, I found it difficult to source the best experts in Sensory Storytime.  I found myself going to Ohio several times.  The pictures above are from my visit to the Wallhaven (NW) Branch of the Akron Public Library in Akron, Ohio. Tricia, the Librarian, allowed me to view her Sensory Storytime and then spent a ton of time afterwards talking about her experiences from public libraries across several states.  

My biggest takeaway from this experience was the collaboration with an organization called, "Pilot International".  This organization has supported the public library and will often create takehome manipulatives for the parents of AS children.  Tricia included an almost endless music playlist throughout her storytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment