Tuesday, February 27, 2018

All Google All Day with Alice Keeler

Who is Alice Keeler?  I first heard Alice speak at ISTE this past summer.  She is the author of many educational professional development books, especially on all things Google.  In her bio, she states that she believes, "professional development is not always formally delivered"; which certainly resonates with me. When deciding how best to accomplish the goals of my sabbatical, it became clear that I would not find the professional development I felt I needed through a university setting.  Furthermore, for me, I have always learned so much more through other excellent educators who are passionate about providing students with the most engaging learning experiences.

I have always appreciated professional development that is given in a somewhat faster pace.  For me, when information is given too slowly, I find my mind drifts and it is hard for me to stay focused.  Alice, on the other hand, was presenting information so fast, I could barely keep up.  What do the 3 dots in Google products mean???? It means there is MORE!  What is the answer to most questions....it is usually a spreadsheet!  There were so many more takeaways than I could possibly list here.  For our students, we need to:

Engage.....Explore....Explain how it relates to the real world.

No comments:

Post a Comment